I posted this picture of my dinner on Tuesday and I was overwhelmed with all the wonderful comments, and many people expressed interest in the recipe!
I was so glad that everyone loved the looks of this dinner, so I decided I would post the recipe so you guys can make it too!
The ingredient list looks pretty long, but don’t be overwhelmed, it is a very EASY recipe!! You can leave out several ingredients or make your own adjustments too! I hope you love it!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 onion- chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup carrots – grated in food processor or finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp sesame oil (can omit if you don’t have)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (can use soy sauce instead)
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Feel free to add chicken or any other kind of protein to complete your meal!
1. To rice the cauliflower- chop into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine (rice looking)*
2. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the cauliflower, veggies, coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and sesame oil. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes until the peas are warm and cauliflower is soft.
5. Push cauliflower mixture to one side of the pan. Add eggs to empty side of pan and scramble.
6. Once the eggs are cooked, combine with rest of the mixture.
7. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
My leftovers were great the next day too!
* If you don’t have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower by hand, this method just takes a little bit longer!
Have you ever made “rice” or “mashed potatoes” with cauliflower? Please share recipes