It’s Friday and I have some FUN facts for you today.
- I work 12 hours = not a FUN fact
- Some low carb and sugar snacks are cheese (I like mini babybel and the laughing cow, or string cheese, mixed nuts, and eggs) How do you like yours? Scrambled, over easy, hard boiled?
- Cashews, almonds, and hazelnuts nuts are rich in protein and magnesium, a mineral that plays a key role in converting sugar into energy. (Source) - My favorite are cashews
- Staying hydrated can help you avoid getting tired. Some studies suggest even mild dehydration can slow your metabolism and sap your energy
- My dogs Jackson and Lily love the snow!
- I went to my second class of beginner crossfit – Love it!
- American Idol 2013 starts January 16th! I love that show!
- Happy Friday!
NO Surprise here! What do you think I had for breakfast yesterday!?! You’re right, a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich! I have been obsessed with the laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese lately.
I went to visit my mother in law at the salon to get my hair done, so I stopped and got a skinny cinnamon latte on the way I think I am going to need a little break from latte’s for a bit, even though it was delicious.
We stopped for a short break and had lunch at the salon. I got a grilled chicken BLT cobb salad with lite ranch dressing. I also had some mixed nuts, probably triple the amount of this photo :)
When I got home I had a paleo pumpkin walnut muffin and I made a batch of “Power Balls”
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Form into balls. I sprayed my hands with pam to keep the dough from sticking to my hands. Regrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour and enjoy! My batch made 11 balls. Feel free to double the recipe to make more!
Nutritional Info: (For 1 ball)
- 107 calories
- 9 carbs
- 2 fiber
- 2.7 sugar
- 4 protein
Off to Crossfit to work out!
Side note: Please look at my dog… He got a hold of my camera. Too funny!
At beginner crossfit we learned how to properly do :
Toes To Bar
Handstand Push Ups
After we learned how to do them properly we did the WOD:
5 Handstand pushups (modified on the box) – 10 Toes to Bar
We did as many rounds as we could in 7 minutes! I only did 4 complete rounds, but I was happy with that :)
I also did my own little abs circuit at home!
For the sit up, I lay with my feet out in a triangle: (While Lily plays with her toy RIGHT by me!) Sorry this is a funny picture!
Pure Barre sit ups:
I don’t really think this is the formal name but I don’t know what else to call them!
For these you lay like you would for the regular sit ups but you start with your body flat on the ground, hands over head…Its a 4 count movement so you bring your arms up for 2 counts then you bring your legs up to meet your hands for the last two counts and slowly bring them back down for 4 counts also.
Questions of the Day:
What is your favorite kind of nut??
What is your “go to” drink at Starbucks?