Fitcupcaker Weekly Meal and Fitness Plan:
I went grocery shopping with my mom on Sunday at Kroger. They are building a huge Kroger by my house and I am so pumped. I need to get over to Trader Joes sometime soon though, I miss that place!
Weekly Meal Plan: Jan 7th
- Mon: Dewey’s Pizza with girls from work
- Tues: Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- Wed: Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Thur: Wing it
- Fri: Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Salad
- Sat: Out to Eat
- Sun: Talapia with Veggies and Brown Rice
Weekly Fitness Plan
- Mon: OFF
- Tues: Crossfit
- Wed: OFF
- Thur: Gym- Cardio and muscle group? Depends on what we do at crossfit?
- Fri: Crossfit or Gym with my sister
- Sat: Gym
- Sun: Crossfit
I love doing tabata’s when I don’t have a specific muscle group that I need to work on. I hope you try this one!
Tabata’s are timed exercises that keep your heart rate up and keep you from getting bored
I like to use my gymboss timer.
I think there are plenty of app’s for phones out there with timers.
I just set it for 20/10 and 8 Rounds
My abs are hurting , which is a good thing!
For dinner I made
Kale, chickpeas, and Sausage Soup
- 1 cup celery shopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 carrots- chopped
- 4 Chicken Sausage- Cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 bunch of Kale (prob around 3 cups)
- 2-3 cups low sodium (organic if poss) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Coconut oil, or EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Heat skill with oil and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add seasonings
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in cooked sausage, and kale
- Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Top with Cheese if desired
I also made Granola Energy Balls. Yum! I ate three before I even knew what was happening!
Granola Energy Balls:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Ground oats into flour using food processor
- Mix in one cup peanut butter and baking powder
- Add honey
- Mash carrots- or use food processor- and add to mixture
- Roll mixture into balls (I made 26)
- Roll in chopped pecans
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool or they will fall apart
Nutritional Info (one ball)
- 81 calories
- 5g fat
- 7g carbs
- 3g sugar
- 1g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
You won’t be able to only just eat one!
Back to work! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did!
What are your favorite exercises do to in tabata’s?
If you have never done a tabata, what routines are your favorite?