Garlicy Meatballs with Tomato Sauce Over spaghetti Squash
*(Adapted from this Recipe)
- 1 lb Lauras Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (I didn’t have cumin)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Approx 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese
- Basil to sprinkle at the end
Spaghetti Squash In Place of Pasta
- Mix all ingredients together into a bowl.
- Form into meatballs
- Warm stove top to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp EVOO
- Add meatballs and cook until heated and center browned
- Add EVOO to pan on med-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes
- Mix in chili powder and paprika and continue to cook for another 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes to pan and cook until soft.
- After tomatoes are softened and sauce begins to form- add in the honey, and chicken broth
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese
- Mix in Sour Cream
- Your finished!
The sauce doesn’t look that great in pictures but it is AMAZING!
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften
- Cut in half lengthwise
- Spoon out seeds
- Drizzle with EVOO, garlic and sea salt, and pepper
- Bake rind sind down for 45 minutes on 400 degrees
- Let cook slightly
- Use a fork to shred the squash into strings like spaghetti
You could use whole grain spaghetti in place of squash if you want too.
A HUGE Plate of Goodness right here. You have to try this recipe!
Cheers to Cooking!
How is everyone’s Tuesday going? Did anyone watch the Bachelor last night!?! That show makes me laugh!
I ilke Sarah- Plus she has my name
I also Like Desiree
What is up with Amanda? Weird!
Your thooughts on the garlicy meatballs and the show??